Saturday, November 14, 2009

Freedom

About three years ago God whispered something to me that has echoed in my spirit ever since I heard it. "Walk free," He said. I looked around me and within me and gave him all the reason why I couldn't. His reply to all my reasons was, "Walk free." It's been a journey the past 24 years since I asked Jesus to be Lord of my life. A journey of freedom. I've been bound by fears, doubts, and insecurities for most my life. It's been a daily struggle. I get tired. God tells me, "Walk free." I'm actual beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a slow learner. I can finally really see who He has called me to be. I'm finally really letting the chains fall. My head is high and I am walking free. Who am I? I am His child. I am fully loved. Completely accepted. Completely forgiven. Completely set free.

Once I was broken, now I am restored. Once I was sad, now I can rejoice. Once I was afraid, now I have confidence. Once my hands hung down, now my hands are raised to Him. Once I felt usless, now I am worthy. He has given me Life. A life to walk out in freedom.

Isaiah 61 tells me what to do as I walk:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me because He has anoited me. He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken, announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners. God sent me to announce the year of His grace, and to comfort all who mourn. To care for those in need. To bring a message of joy instead of doom. To encourage those who are discouraged.

Walk free and bring freedom to others. What a wonderful message God speaks. Walk free.

2 comments:

wordygirl said...

I love you Marcia, and am blessed and challenged by your words. Freedom!!!!!!

Leslie said...

Thank you for sharing this. It does my heart good to read it. It is always a journey and never something mastered, isn't it?

((((Marcia)))) Praying for you today!

Love
Leslie