Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
A psalm of David.1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
I believe God spoke the word RESTORE to me for 2009. Each year I ask God for a word that will speak to my heart and become very real to me in a new way. God promises in Joel 2:25 that He will restore the years the locust has destroyed. Areas in my body, soul, and spirit that have been wounded or destroyed by the enemy will be restored. That's a precious promise. I looked the word RESTORE up in the dictionary and the definitions were numerous. I'll list a few:
1. To return to a person, as a specific thing which he has lost, or which has been taken from him and unjustly detained.
2. To replace; to return; as a person or thing to a former place.
3. To heal; to cure; to recover from disease.
4. To repair; to rebuild
5. To revive, to resuscitate; to bring back to life
6. To return of bring back after abscence
7. To renew or re-establish after interuption
I'm with an expectant heart waiting to see what and how God will restore areas the locust has stolen from me.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
In 2008 I lost many things that were precious to me. It was a year of letting go. It was a year of breaking, and it was a year of sitting and just "being with Jesus". God spoke to me at the beginning of 2008 that He was Emmanuel~God with us. I had no idea how much I was going to need that to hang on to. He walked and carried me right through this year. One thing I lost this year was our beautiful cat, Hobbes, pictured above. Hobbes came to us two years ago the day after New Years. He showed up as a little kitten on our doorstep. We immediately fell in love with him and felt like God had dropped a gift to us. God does that~He gives and He takes away. Job says it well when he said: