Friday, March 21, 2014

A Reverent Rejoicing.


As I rejoice and anticipate the joy of a baby coming into our home, I also grieve for this baby and Mom.  My heart aches for the young Mom who is carrying this baby, probably not fulling understanding the impact of birthing and handing this baby over to me.  My heart breaks for her.  She is giving me a part of herself.  She has given this baby life and is handing that life to me.  I am in awe. I know in that moment my heart will grieve for her and rejoice in what the Lord has done.  We will have joy and sorrow.  I will forever care for this baby and this young girl.  She will be in my heart forever. My prayer is that she will know how loved and cared for she is.  My prayer is that she knows her baby is loved. Loved so much. She is loved. Loved so much. 

Do I feel I am fully prepared for the emotions of this?  I know I am not.  I do know that God will carry us through.  He will carry us all through.  I was talking to my oldest daughter the other morning about the cost of adopting, and she put things into perspective for me.  I was expressing my worry about coming up with the money, and she said, "Mom, the money is the easy part." Wow. How true it that. Money is just money.  God will provide.  Counting the cost is not about money, it's about giving our life.  We are giving  of our lifes to raise this precious life.  Our whole family is going to give of ourselves to raise this baby.  We are going to have to rely on God's strength, wisdom, and love to bring him/her up.   God will renew our strength, and we will all have to exchange our own strength for His.  He is able. 

Isaiah 30:15 Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on Me. 

Deut. 31:7-8 Be strong-take courage! God is striding ahead of  you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you.  Don't be intimidated. Don't worry. 

God's Word is so powerful.  His Word is true. As I give Him all my cares, He will give me strength.  I can rely on His promises. 


No comments: