A psalm of David.1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
I believe God spoke the word RESTORE to me for 2009. Each year I ask God for a word that will speak to my heart and become very real to me in a new way. God promises in Joel 2:25 that He will restore the years the locust has destroyed. Areas in my body, soul, and spirit that have been wounded or destroyed by the enemy will be restored. That's a precious promise. I looked the word RESTORE up in the dictionary and the definitions were numerous. I'll list a few:
1. To return to a person, as a specific thing which he has lost, or which has been taken from him and unjustly detained.
2. To replace; to return; as a person or thing to a former place.
3. To heal; to cure; to recover from disease.
4. To repair; to rebuild
5. To revive, to resuscitate; to bring back to life
6. To return of bring back after abscence
7. To renew or re-establish after interuption
I'm with an expectant heart waiting to see what and how God will restore areas the locust has stolen from me.