Thursday, March 25, 2010

It really will be okay. I think so much of what I hang onto is such a false sense of security anyways. It's also a lot of self preservation. I don't want to risk looking foolish, needy, unwise, or immature. I also don't want to risk hurt or rejection. What happens when we stop risking though? For me, I just get stuck. Stuck in a rut. I get lonely. I also get really sick of myself.

Jesus tells us in giving away our life, we find life. In dying, we live. In giving, we receive. In forgiving, we are forgiven. In loving, we our loved. When we hang onto our life, we lose it. We just get stuck. Or, at least I do. I talk a lot about how I want my life to be. I hope and dream about having a full life of loving others. Part of me really wants that. Part of me is scared to reach out to others. What am I afraid of? Rejecting, I guess. Or being uncomfortable. Having people invade my comfy space. That comfy space I'm trying to hang onto that just gets me in a rut. I don't want to miss out on all that God has for me. I'm tired of being someone who talks about loving others. I'm going to start taking risks. Really I am! Stay tunes. ;o)

No comments: